Monday, May 21, 2012

FHE


Brad and his family stopped by last night about 10 on their way back from St. George to see if I had been able to fix my iPhone. We had a nice visit with the kids. He was unable to get the iPhone to talk to the computer and suggested that I take it to Richfield to the Verizon store.

We were extremely busy again today with the people who were returning from the solar eclipse that happened last night. We started and ended our day doing a tour together. We each did 3 more in between. Five tours is good for a 6 hour shift.

Right in the middle of the busiest time, I heard “Eva” called across the courtyard in the Fort. I should be hearing “Sister Ross”, no it was definitely “Eva”. I was on a tour with a member of another faith. I looked again and there was Doug and Paula Holliday, friends from Mesa, AZ. They were with their longtime friends the Boyle's. I only had time to say “hi” and chat for a minute or two before needing to return to Bonnie. The Holliday’s had just spent an hour with Merle and Carol Allen at their cottage as they were off shift. Doug and Paula were leaving as I completed the tour with Bonnie so I had a couple of minutes to say “goodbye” before greeting the next car full of 5 people.

When a missionary has visitors the others try to give them some time to visit with friends and family, but we were too busy for that to happen today.

Monday night is our Home Evening Sunday School lesson since we meet for only two hours on Sunday. The lesson is rotated so everyone gets a chance to teach. The lesson was a half an hour and then we visited for another half hour before returning home.

No comments:

Post a Comment