Monday, July 9, 2012

Two diverse tours



My first tour was a woman, Miranna, from Poland who now lives in California. She was traveling alone to see some of the sites in Utah and Arizona. She is Catholic. The tour was different from the beginning.  I was able to talk about prophets, tithing, missions, families, Joseph Smith, the Book of Mormon and prayer. She had tears streaming down her face as I did the sharing toy. She kept saying how wonderful it all was. I know it was the spirit she was feeling that she was referring to and not the artifacts in the fort even though they provided the tools to talk about the gospel. She didn’t want to have the missionaries but I still gave her a card. I talked about prayer and the Savior. On the way back to the MPR we talked about no coincidences. I challenged her to pray about the things we had talked about and to send the card in.

My second tour was also a group of members of another faith. Two vehicles came in with 10 German people and a driver. Someone else took half of the people to make the tours more manageable. I had the driver. At the end of the tour I found out he was a missionary in Germany several years ago. These people were members of a family he had kept in contact with since his mission. They have visited the US six times and he and his companion, who live in Centerville and Farmington, respectively, have hosted them each time. It was these kids’ grandparents who had been kind to him on his mission by having them over for dinner. These people never joined the church but love feeding the missionaries. The tradition of feeding missionaries has continued even though none of them have joined the church. They are not interested in religion.

No comments:

Post a Comment