Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Australia


I went out to greet a big white van and three little kids greeted me and read my badge and one of them said, “That is what we are.” I could tell from their accents that they weren’t from Utah. The father John Rea comes from a family of eleven and parents came from families of over fourteen. And almost all of his family lives on the same street in Brisbane, Australia. Half of their acquaintances are family members.
We started with the video and the six children were so well behaved. They asked lots of questions, especially the two little girls. We took a long time in each room so it was good the Fort wasn’t too busy.
When we arrived in the room of light, I asked about the four sources of light and before anyone could say anything the five year old girl said, “The scriptures.” Wow! Most people get it as the fourth source and most of the time with prompting. I’ve only had a couple of people choose the scriptures as the first source of light. In the prophet’s room, the youngest boy said, “My dad is a bishop. “John said they have been to visit Nauvoo that the Nauvoo Temple is his favorite temple. They were an amazing family. I asked permission to take their picture to post on my blog.
The Reas are in Utah because one of his brothers lives in the town of Benjamin and one of her sisters lives in Salt Lake. They have been here about two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment