Thursday, October 18, 2012

Indigo


My last tour for the day was Indigo and her grandmother. Grandmother introduced herself as a member but that her granddaughter, Indigo, was not. Indigo is 13. Indigo’s mother is inactive and says that it is for Indigo to decide for herself about religion.

We had a great tour. At the Book of Mormon display I asked Indigo if she wanted a Book of Mormon. She already has one so I offered Finding Faith in Christ to be delivered to her. She has read a little of the Book of Mormon. I suggested that she invite one of her LDS friends to be with her as she sees the video so she will have support and be able to discuss her questions with her friend.

 Grandmother was very touched with the sharing toy as well as the fact that Indigo referred herself to the missionaries. She had tears streaming down her cheeks. As we were leaving the Fort I told Indigo that my parents were inactive and that I was baptized at 13. I felt the spirit as I told her how important the church was in my life. I told her to be prayerful about her decision. She and her grandmother gave me a hug before leaving.

An interesting side note. I was sent out to greet a car but I couldn't find it. I noticed a couple walking toward the MPR from the other parking lot. Elder Ross went out to greet them not realizing that it was my car that had gone through to the other parking lot unobserved by any of us. I was then sent out to meet Indigo and her grandmother. This tour was meant for me because she needed to hear my testimony. 

No comments:

Post a Comment