Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The mission comes to an end

We were released from our mission by President Snow at 7:15pm. Both of us shared our love of our mission to him. We report to the High Council at 7 am on Sunday.

When we got home I ran across a note I had taken at the MTC. It was from a clip we had watched by Elder Bednar about teaching by the spirit.  I reviewed these notes a couple of times on the mission. The notes say, “ we don’t know when we are doing it ahead of time, we’re prepared and doing what’s right - it happens- follow the good ideas that come to us- don’t talk yourself out of it. As a missionary- say those things that pop into your head during the tours”.
 It did happen that way on the mission and in reverse. Sometimes I forgot to say things I usually included in the tour. As I thought about the tour later, I realized that it wasn't important to the tour. So it works both ways. The Lord is in charge and he uses the missionaries to give the message he wants each person to hear.

I feel that is good advice for life and following the spirit. Often times we must step forward into the dark before we are sure we are taking the correct path. As we look back we realize that we were guided even though we didn’t feel it at the time.

I am grateful for our mission to Cove Fort. It was a special experience to know that you are an extension of Lord’s will. We were in a special bubble for six months, protected from the worldly worries. I know that we were protected. I know the blessing of health that George gave me had an impact on my overall health as well as the health of my eyes. Dr. Mehr was surprised my eye was doing so well and commented that I had been blessed because of my service on the mission. I know the Lord blesses us when we are obedient. I love the Lord.


 President Snow, Sister and Elder Ross

No comments:

Post a Comment