Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Two Amazing Tours



What a busy day! We went for a walk before going on the swing shift at noon. We were in the MPR 30-45 minutes before were assigned tours. My tour was two women from England. Evidently I was supposed to have this tour. Elder Hale had met them and told him they wanted to eat lunch first. By the time they were ready, he had gone out on a tour so they were assigned to me.


The ladies have been here for a couple of weeks doing sessions in the Oquirrh Temple, and the  St George Temple. They have visited many church sites. The crowning experience for them was attending two sessions of conference. They took pictures of everything in all the rooms. They wanted details in each room as they photographed. It took us nearly one and half hours to complete the tour. It was such fun to exchange information and teach them about the Fort and feel of their spirit and testimonies.

I returned to the MPR and I had to go back out after about five minutes.  I met a car with a couple from Indiana. Wendy greeted me with a hug. They, too, took pictures of everything. They have visited Nauvoo and many other church sites. They are converts, baptized in Mesa in the Alma 5th ward at age 29 in 1987. They have been unable to have children. Wendy has been very sick for the past four years. She is feeling somewhat better just now. They want to serve a mission in four years when he retires. She feels she may not be here in four years. I forgot to give them the sharing toy as we left the Fort like I normally do. They wanted to see the barn and I remembered the sharing toy while we were there. They loved it, of course.


 I walked them to the car to get an address for their referral card. He spoke with me and told me about her illness while she was talking to the Ences. Elder Ence had given them a carrot from the garden while we were in the Fort and looking out the back door at the garden and the buildings in the back. He gave her a few more carrots to take with them. She had shared with him as she had with me about heart to heart hugs.

Such a spiritual day! Two tours that took about three hours! 


No comments:

Post a Comment